Reef nutrition

Reef 3D printing request thread

showing how old i am, used to use camera film canister as a float sensor cover. guess you can also use a prescription drug container too.

Anyone have the 3D file for the trident (original one with ALK, CA, MG) on this page-

Just don’t want to pay Neptune $150 for a repair I can prob do myself but I will end cutting the housing to get to the unit due to a rusty screw -

TIA

Anyone have the 3D file for the trident (original one with ALK, CA, MG) on this page-

Just don’t want to pay Neptune $150 for a repair I can prob do myself but I will end cutting the housing to get to the unit due to a rusty screw -

TIA
I got you. Want the orange and grey?

Thanks @Srt4eric for the resin cartridge funnel.

I am looking for a light shade. For the HM Electronics Cetus 2S

I found someone that is selling them, but I wanted to check with you guys first. I cannot find the file.

I am curious if anyone has the capability to create a file for this if there isn't a public file available? The housing is round, so I'm assuming it could be easy to design something, but I'm not familiar with the software needed for the printers. If anyone would like to work with me to create it, please let me know.

1000009767.jpg
1000009770.jpg

Thanks @Srt4eric for the resin cartridge funnel.

I am looking for a light shade. For the HM Electronics Cetus 2S

I found someone that is selling them, but I wanted to check with you guys first. I cannot find the file.

I am curious if anyone has the capability to create a file for this if there isn't a public file available? The housing is round, so I'm assuming it could be easy to design something, but I'm not familiar with the software needed for the printers. If anyone would like to work with me to create it, please let me know.

View attachment 57073View attachment 57074

I could probably modify a kessil shade file to fit it

I could probably modify a kessil shade file to fit it
Ok cool. Thanks.

I also tried reaching out to the Etsy seller to see if he'd be willing to share/sell the file.

I'll get some measurements in the meantime to see if we can figure something out.

As someone who 3d prints a lot and also design files, I find it simultaneously absurd that people charge for these things versus the files being freely available & open source AND think these should all cost way more money given how much time it actually takes to make a good one. Getting a design to work right takes a lot of time and there's reasons people charge as much as they do. Similarly there's so much ripping off that happens that it's not normally reasonable to make the files available, since someone will start selling it themselves.

That's what happened with all the Random Flow Generators for returns. The original guy got ripped off by the well known sellers.

I however give mine out free because it's a fun side-hobby (3d designs and prints) for the other hobby (aquariums).

So remember to thank all your printers on this thread!

Separately, it's a bit hard to track what people need and who wants things and that files and where people are located. If there was a spreadsheet and people pinged the list as they added stuff it might be easier to track down. Also could then be possible to just print a couple of something and leave them available for others

As someone who 3d prints a lot and also design files, I find it simultaneously absurd that people charge for these things versus the files being freely available & open source AND think these should all cost way more money given how much time it actually takes to make a good one. Getting a design to work right takes a lot of time and there's reasons people charge as much as they do. Similarly there's so much ripping off that happens that it's not normally reasonable to make the files available, since someone will start selling it themselves.

That's what happened with all the Random Flow Generators for returns. The original guy got ripped off by the well known sellers.

I however give mine out free because it's a fun side-hobby (3d designs and prints) for the other hobby (aquariums).

So remember to thank all your printers on this thread!

Separately, it's a bit hard to track what people need and who wants things and that files and where people are located. If there was a spreadsheet and people pinged the list as they added stuff it might be easier to track down. Also could then be possible to just print a couple of something and leave them available for others
There's a way we could build it into BARCode, interested in taking over for @svreef @richiev? We definitely need someone to take the reins and add new features!

There's a way we could build it into BARCode, interested in taking over for @svreef @richiev? We definitely need someone to take the reins and add new features!
While not as sexy as building a web version, I honestly believe Google sheets + an optional Google form is as good, or better, than a custom integration. Especially in early days when it's not clear exactly what the important features are.

You can do a lot of great stuff with a couple columns in a Google sheet.

Back