got ethical husbandry?

Salty_Taste650: Innovative Marine 50Gal Lagoon

This page has always done good by me and wanted to give back to the community. Must be a member

Whoever comes across this post pm me. GONE
Zoa Mini colony giveaway. 25+ Heads.
POM POM MACRO (Gracilaria Hayi )

Pick up Daly City
tempImagePdS1ds.jpg
tempImageuLm5SV.jpg

Last edited:
For my dad's 60th Birthday, I picked up a Coppperband Butterfly for him.

He always wanted one after the Achilles killed the last one he had. However, I will be keeping the butterfly temporarily to get him nice and plump since there is no food competition in my tank. This time, the copper band is going into the 180g with the big boys (Yellow Eye Kole, Powder Blue, Blonde Naso)

Looks pretty good in the lagoon, might have to grab one for myself!
IMG_6350.jpg

Taken at 2:30am so caught him off guard wondering around the tank!
IMG_6351.jpg

Plans for the 50 Lagoon?

Corals:
- OG Bounce
- Frankenstein Bounce
- Koji Wada
- Blue Cespitularia
- Fiji Yellow Finger Leather

Fish:
- Blue Cleaner Goby
- Yellow Cleaner Goby?
- Molly
- Copperband Butterfly?
- White Tail Kole?

If anyone has a connect to help me get those corals back... I'm all ears!
Also been getting the itch to bring back the 14gallon again but this time grab some ruby red dragonets! New Clownfish pair of course if that does happen. We will see..

Kenny at High Tide has a pair of true PNG perculas and a white tail kole out of quarantine last time I was there. But the 50 might be a bit small for the tang tbh.

The bounces are still hard to find locally since they grow so slowly.

Look at what came in the mail today... Totally Shocked.

Lost my Momma Super Black PNG True Perc a while back due to brook and been meaning to get a replacement. Told vendor always wanted a white tail and UPS popped up with this on my doorstep! Definitely not expected, but always welcomed!

Funny how I just spoke about potential livestock and bringing back the 14gal then this happens. I guess I gotta start speaking more things into existence moving forward.
HEALTHY FISH AND CORAL THE REST OF 2023 and 2024

*UPDATE*
Week 3: Goes absolutely nuts for frozen brine. Pick's at PE Mysis but isn't the favorite. Pays no attention to Nori. Anyone got any tips to get it on seaweed? After 2 Freshwater dips and feeding with Garlic, no scratching + rash has healed. It's ready to go into the display, but got something special in the works so the tang can sit in observation a bit longer

Last edited:
Look at what came in the mail today... Totally Shocked.

Lost my Momma Super Black PNG True Perc a while back due to brook and been meaning to get a replacement. Told vendor always wanted a white tail and UPS popped up with this on my doorstep! Definitely not expected, but always welcomed!

Funny how I just spoke about potential livestock and bringing back the 14gal then this happens. I guess I gotta start speaking more things into existence moving forward.
HEALTHY FISH AND CORAL THE REST OF 2023 and 2024

Beatuiful fish! This is a fish I've always wanted. Maybe if I ever catch my yellow mimic tang I can add one to my tank but I got too many tangs even without the yellow mimic lol.

If you dont already follow me on Instagram, ya missing out on the content! @Salty_Taste650

Told myself long ago that I would create more content and post to Youtube taking you along my journey...
It is so much work... maybe I am a perfectionist and want to make it a certain way but not to best when it comes to content creation. Anyways, Enjoy these straight out the camera shots :)

Bahama Llama Weeping Willow + Fiji Yellow Leather
IMG_6459.jpg

Tie Dye Jawbreaker (2 Green Spots!) // Wild Mandarin Mating Pair ( So difficult to get them both in a shot)
IMG_6461.jpg
IMG_6463.jpg

Sarcophyton Garden + PNG True Percula (Mating Pair)
IMG_6464.jpg

Pink Zippers // Copperband Butterfly
IMG_6465.jpg
IMG_6466.jpg

PNG True Percula Mating Pair + Ruby Red Xenia // Mariano the Mandarin (Named after Encanto)
IMG_6472.jpg
IMG_6460.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6471.jpg
    IMG_6471.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
LINEAGED POLETTI PURPLE MONSTER JAWBREAKER

This is a grail pickup of mine. Actually all of my corals are grail pickups but I got way too excited and had to document this right away. Couldn't even let the mushrooms settle but here's a little snippet. Can't wait for the momma to start going crazy and for the "babies" to pull purple.

Officially a proud owner of a PURPLE MONSTER JAWBREAKER. Did I mention this is lineage back to Mark Poletti!
_DSF4816 2.jpg

5E701FF8-04DA-4AAF-A0C2-1308396BBF0B.JPG

Last edited:
LINEAGED POLETTI PURPLE MONSTER JAWBREAKER

This is a grail pickup of mine. Actually all of my corals are grail pickups but I got way too excited and had to document this right away. Couldn't even let the mushrooms settle but here's a little snippet. Can't wait for the momma to start going crazy and for the "babies" to pull purple.

Officially a proud owner of a PURPLE MONSTER JAWBREAKER. Did I mention this is lineage back to Mark Poletti!
View attachment 50928View attachment 50929
That's amazing! I honestly don't know the significance of this lineage...yet. Previously, in the reptile hobby, I was very much into having documented lineages for some of my breeding lines. It is a crazy rabbit hole for some and I completely understand it and can relate. Because suddenly, you made me want one! Haaahaaa. It's a gorgeous coral. Congratulations on getting your hands on something you've wanted. Right now, I want them all!

*Tank Updates*

- Moved the Copperband into the 180g (split the tank in half with divider)
- White Tail Kole is approaching 3 weeks in the Observation tank
- After 3 months of curing, Tonga branch and Fiji rocks are finally at an acceptable Nitrate + Phosphate levels.

The million dollar question is do I change up the whole aqua scape when tank is really thriving?

{Been Toying with the idea of rehoming my Breeding Pair of True Percs}
Why? Because I want some Super Black True Percs..... Decisions Decisions.

Back