Neptune Aquatics

The 225 Gal Monster

I got the other light back on by updating date/time in the app but that makes me think that light's internal clock isn't working correctly. Will have to wait and see if it turns on tomorrow properly. I'm pretty sure the middle and right work fine.

3 xr30 gen4 pros w diffusers covered that thing very well. I bet what you have yo there would be pretty close if it would just all work damnit!
I really am liking the look of radions with diffusers. It spreads the light out very well and with my scape should have minimal shadowing without having to add LED bars of T5s.

Finally tested my alk last night and full tests today since the tank has been running.
Last night alk was 6.8.

Manually dosed small amounts of alk to bring it up to 8.2 throughout the day. Took 5 doses of 50ml each from 9am all the way til 8pm today.

Alk-8.2
Calc-424
NO3-3.7
PO4-0.15

Got kalkwasser in a seperate container from my ato on my kamoer x1 doser and dosing every 2 hrs as it can only dose 12 times in a 24hr time period.

Picking up a BRS dual reactor tomorrow and gonna see if my sicce 1.5 still works and will hook it up for carbon and gfo.

Transfered more sps from my frag tank into the 225 today and removed my 2 rbtas.

Crappy pic
20221228_123134.jpg

20221228_123140.jpg

Pissed off nems after removal
20221228_181746.jpg

Scraping them off it is. Any worry of toxins released if I do it in the tank?
I tried to remove one by gently pulling and it squirted a bunch of liquid out. Can't imagine it was "good". I'd just slowly nip them off in tiny pcs with bone cutters.

edit - outside the tank

I tried to remove one by gently pulling and it squirted a bunch of liquid out. Can't imagine it was "good". I'd just slowly nip them off in tiny pcs with bone cutters.

edit - outside the tank
I'll make a small batch of salt water and replace what I pull out of the tank then do it in a container to be safe. Thanks guys.

Back