Our mission

The 225 Gal Monster

Sump is all repaired.

20220924_184943.jpg

With that said, still hoping to find 1 more person tomorrow to help with moving this beast of a tank sometime in the first half of the day.

Move scheduled for 1pm today! I was able to get enough guys to cover the lift! Hopefully wet by next weekend if all goes as planned. I'm still debating making an acrylic tub to fill the bottom of the stand as a backup in case of overflow of the sump but I also don't really think it's necessary as my sump should have plenty of headroom to cover the amount it will raise when pumps are off.

The tank is over carpet so extra precautions would be nice.

Move scheduled for 1pm today! I was able to get enough guys to cover the lift! Hopefully wet by next weekend if all goes as planned. I'm still debating making an acrylic tub to fill the bottom of the stand as a backup in case of overflow of the sump but I also don't really think it's necessary as my sump should have plenty of headroom to cover the amount it will raise when pumps are off.

I bought a thick plastic table cloth. Layed it in the sump area and taped it to the walls with gorilla tape. Just be careful putting in the sump and whatever not to rip the plastic. It’s been great over 3 plus years.

I have never had my sump overflow, but have had mishaps with spills from the clean water hose flowing outside the sump during water changes, as well as a spill when refilling a dosing jug. I might be spill prone, but seems wise to protect the whole floor inside the stand.

I bought a thick plastic table cloth. Layed it in the sump area and taped it to the walls with gorilla tape. Just be careful putting in the sump and whatever not to rip the plastic. It’s been great over 3 plus years.
That's not a bad idea.

I think I've settled on placing a couple pieces of 2x10s down flat along the bottom and getting plywood and making a floor, painting it black and sealing it and will seal the corners with some silicone or caulking.

Back