High Tide Aquatics

"The Lab" - Josh and Tiffany's IM Nuvo EXT 200

Yaaaaaaaaay. 97 days after placing the order, it's stateside and ready for delivery!

1682982608864.png

So I had someone on Humblefish bring to my attention that integrating a copper banded butterflyfish with lots of large, aggressive tangs may be challenging due to the CBB being out-competed/bullied for food.

After thinking a bit, I did some searching and found this: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/copperband-butterfly-cbb-feeder.942707/ Which seems really cool and like a good solution for the 'outcompeted for food' part of that equation.

If it’s from Kenny I’d assume it’s already eating tho?
So, I could be off base (and if I am, I welcome the correction) because I don't have experience keeping a CBB, but my interpretation of the comments were less "CBBs are hard to get to eat' and more 'they're peaceful/passive enough that tangs would bully them away from food'. So I thought the purpose of that gizmo was to make sure the CBB has a source of food that only it can access.

So, I could be off base (and if I am, I welcome the correction) because I don't have experience keeping a CBB, but my interpretation of the comments were less "CBBs are hard to get to eat' and more 'they're peaceful/passive enough that tangs would bully them away from food'. So I thought the purpose of that gizmo was to make sure the CBB has a source of food that only it can access.
I haven’t bought one in many many years so my experience is limited. The ones I have seen that eat seem to do fine with competition for food ime

I'm also trying to get confirmation, but there is a better-than-even chance the delay is because they forgot about my sump.

EDIT: The sump was not forgotten, but apparently did not pass inspection. So the delay is because they need to wait another 7+ weeks for the next sump shipment, plus another 1.5-2 weeks to deliver. At this point I'm trying to get them to just cancel the sump and I'll go with another option.

And, while they claim it did not pass inspection, the initial reference to 'missing parts' - as well as the fact that all arrival/delivery correspondence referred only to, "Tank + stand" and I had to remind them at each step I'd ordered the sump, too - makes me think they literally just forgot the sump.

Last edited:
Final update: opted to go for the Synergy CL-44.4 sump. Unfortunate that I'll still have to wait a little over a month for delivery, but I can at least get the tank stand put together, tap the aluminum for mounts, place the aquarium, and start aquascaping. It may also be blasphemous, but I got it in the "right-to-left" flow configuration since my return pumps will be closer to the equipment cabinet that way.

@Beanju looks like we'll be sump siblings! (Not twins, though, since I know yours is the SK-44.)

CL44.4-Front-1080.jpg

Last edited:
Final update: opted to go for the Synergy CL-44.4 sump. Unfortunate that I'll still have to wait a little over a month for delivery, but I can at least get the tank stand put together, tap the aluminum for mounts, place the aquarium, and start aquascaping. It may also be blasphemous, but I got it in the "right-to-left" flow configuration since my return pumps will be closer to the equipment cabinet that way.

@Beanju looks like we'll be sump siblings! (Not twins, though, since I know yours is the SK-44.)

CL44.4-Front-1080.jpg

What are you mounting? If you want to try without damaging the stand, here’s what I did for mounting plumbing on my IM75.

Post in thread 'Randy’s Innovative Marine 75 Ext'
https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/randy’s-innovative-marine-75-ext.32907/post-472626

new complete setup with tank\stand\sump includes full plumbing

Since mine was ordered Nov '22, don't have the pipes, just these

• (1) 1" Slip x Slip Bulkhead (Overflow)
  • (1) 1" Slip x Slip Bulkhead w/ 1" Diameter E-Drain Pipe (Overflow)
  • (1) 1" Slip x Slip Bulkhead w/ 1" Diameter secondary E-Drain Pipe (Overflow)
  • (2) 3/4" Bulkheads with LOC-LINE and Flare Nozzles (Return)

Back