got ethical husbandry?

Trident!!!

Yes, that clause seems completely nuts.

Pretty sure that would violate the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
But then you have to sue....
Although you could file an FTC consumer complaint I guess.

MAP pricing is an agreement between supplier and retailer.
End consumer is not a party to that, and has no knowledge of the details.
How can we know if a sale is legit or not?

Also, MAP is for ADVERTISED price, not actual sales price.
It is quite legit to give a non-advertised in store discount.

Voiding the warranty hurts the end customer, well after the original sale.
It has no real effect on the retailer, which is where you want to push MAP.
Exactly.

I understand why they have MAP to prevent brand erosion with inflated msrp but the warranty clause is just bullying consumers who don't know better.

Didn't see anything about needing a receipt to register your product and claim ownership, however there's some implications of it specifically this little tidbit

"Neptune Systems warranty is void if the purchaser paid less than MAP price; " which smells suspiciously illegal and unenforceable, and if they somehow can make this legal really makes me want to never buy a single product of theirs
Suit yourself, I don’t think they care.

I’ve heard that Neptune’s wholesale price and the map price isn’t marked up that much (it’s like 10% (each merchant has a different tier though)). So even if you were able to find somewhere to essentially just give you the product at their cost it wouldn’t be that great of a deal.

... I don’t think they care.
I think they probably do.
I tend to think they might be making a common business mistake.
Lost sales are almost impossible to quantify, pricing is easy. So you ignore the complex and focus on the simple.

The reason I knew that the Neptune warranty was an issue was because of a rant on one of the forums. (Not BAR)
If I read it, many other did also. How many sales were lost?? Nobody knows.

But more importantly - do we care???

In my experience, Neptune warranty support is actually really good. Especially for a small company.
I have had some equipment go wrong, and it was replaced very quickly and easily.

The clauses in the warranty do not directly affect me because I buy new from LFS or BRS.
The wording is a bit unfriendly to consumers, but it is not racist, monopolistic, or something really bad
that I would object to enough to boycott them.
So ... I still plan to buy things from them like a Trident.

Lost sales are almost impossible to quantify, pricing is easy. So you ignore the complex and focus on the simple.

The reason I knew that the Neptune warranty was an issue was because of a rant on one of the forums. (Not BAR)

In my experience, Neptune warranty support is actually really good. Especially for a small company.
I have had some equipment go wrong, and it was replaced very quickly and easily.

The clauses in the warranty do not directly affect me because I buy new from LFS or BRS.
The wording is a bit unfriendly to consumers, but it is not racist, monopolistic, or something really bad
As do more than enough reefers to keep their company going strong and seemingly growing. I don’t think a few people that don’t like the way they handle their business matters much. Obviously just my opinion, but you can’t ever please everyone. Not worth trying.

Yes, that clause seems completely nuts.

Pretty sure that would violate the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
But then you have to sue....
Should be easy enough to file a suit in small claims court. Time being the biggest time waste, not sure if you can tack on compensation for the loss of your time.

You make a good point when you mention that Neptune is a small company. I don’t think enough people realize just how small the company is. We’re used to the Apples and Samsungs of the world which are probably many thousand times bigger than Neptune and they still make mistakes too.

IMO, it's an apples to oranges comparison, sure they both do something similar, but you could compare a simple wall timer with the Apex because hey they both can turn lights on/off. That said, the Alkatronic doesn't sound very good when compared directly with the Trident

IMO, it's an apples to oranges comparison, sure they both do something similar, but you could compare a simple wall timer with the Apex because hey they both can turn lights on/off. That said, the Alkatronic doesn't sound very good when compared directly with the Trident

Alkatronic is loud! I actually set a timer for mine so it turns off the alkatronic while I’m in bed. To prevent night time tests. Sure I would love be results but it wakes me up.
But the newer models have quiet pumps installed which resolved that issue, and is available for upgrading older pumps.

I agree tho, trying to compare the two is very unpractical. Comparing something released years ago to something released this week, technologies have been upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr saltwater tank review of alkatronic vs trident.

9af3d8f6af3a7d462a414caff0cc9d6d.jpg

cd554066f12364e227854fc037a67ac1.jpg

3f1e729256d0e096f193b7ed658f4ad7.jpg

Does anyone know where to find controllable valves for airline tubing like the ones in the Trident? Then you could use your Apex to change up which aquarium water gets pulled into the Trident (to monitor two tanks). This pic is from the Other forum.

b1bc02a61814f77ad0a5342d6ab161f3.jpg

Does anyone know where to find controllable valves for airline tubing like the ones in the Trident? Then you could use your Apex to change up which aquarium water gets pulled into the Trident (to monitor two tanks). This pic is from the Other forum.

b1bc02a61814f77ad0a5342d6ab161f3.jpg
I don't but I feel like this is an opportunity for Neptune to fill a need. It could just be a small solenoid valve that is apex compatible to switch which system a water test is being pulled from. Documenting is another challenge and you definitely wouldn't want dosing adjustment control.

Apex/Neptune doesn’t seem to design with multiple tanks in mind. You have to buy an additional module (+$85) for every additional temp probe(+$30) you want to plug into your Apex. I’m not waiting around for the multi-tank Trident.

Mr saltwater tank review of alkatronic vs trident.

Eric (alkatronic employee) response to that video.

watched the video quickly and got some basic points as to the info presented:

1. Noise level comparison was at different location. Trident seems to be not as close to the tank. but honestly, it is quite similar.
2. Alkatronic doesn’t need strict 4 weeks calibration but is just an advise to users. On the other hand, no info about calibration or servicing needed for the Trident.
3. The cost of reagent is wrong. Should be $0.04 per Alkatronic test based on 29.99 for 1L. 29.99/5000=0.006, 0.006*7ml per test = $0.04. he said Alkatroince needs $0.17/test.
4. Never showed Trident readings with the back to back tests and he showed only a daily test record with 12 hours apart (Alkatronic) not what he said back to back tests. If we can see back to back results, I am very confident that Alkatronic will out perform Trident.

Back