Reef nutrition

Chloramines...grrrrr

Apex has the 1/4” flow rate monitor. I wonder if it can be programmed to track volume. I know it has a minimum flow rate to function just like the stand alone meter but I don’t know what that rate is and if the ro system is too low.

You will have to do some math yourself.

Average flow rate x amount of time there is flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just get the flow meter Mike mentioned... somewhere... the Apex is not an all powerful unit that can do everything great. In fact if you put too much reliance on it it might come back around to bite you in the ass.

IMG_0367.JPG

Well I decided to get the 3 stage di upgrade and replace all filters and membrane. Also added a second membrane and a booster pump.

I should be able to double the useful life of my filters and make water much faster now which is awesome.

Thanks again to everyone who helped. I definitely feel like I was headed down the rabbit hole.

I maybe went a bit overboard...rebuilt my entire system. Used a 4 place canister holder in reverse. It’s set up as follows

Stage 1...5 micron filter
Stage 2...1 micron filter
Stage 3...universal carbon block
Stage 4...universal carbon block

Then to the middle pressure gauge...this is to see when the pressure drops and filters need replacing

There is a tee after this with a ball valve so that 8 can test for chlorine after the carbon blocks (my house has 1ppm total chlorine currently)

Next is the booster pump tuned down to 80psi with the left pressure gauge...then
Stage 5 and 6 are 2 75gpd membranes in series

Dual TDS meter shows TDS in (my house is around 230ppm) and out after the membranes

The. Stage 7, 8, and 9 are the BRS 3 stage DI with triple TDS meter. Using the cation, anion and mixed beds.

n3jny4p.jpg

Just got a package from BRS last night around 9:30pm (yeah UPS is really grinding them hard) for my upcoming system which is also a 9 stage system just like yours! :D

Well UPS did say at their site "End of Day" and complaining to my wife around 8pm and not getting a package I joked "watch the doorbell ring at 11:59pm" it was a bit earlier, but damn, I'm lucky my 2 nearly 3 year old doesn't go to bed early like 99.99% of other kids his age.

Well talking with the guys for a minute, they mentioned they had to be back by like 10pm, and they were making time and a half, so yeah they're already being tipped.

So it’s only been a mont, and I’ve made less than 100G of product water with the new setup. Look how dirty the 5 micron filter is already...

Should I change it already. Seems crazy, but I’d rather replace the cheap filter and keep the carbon filters running as long as possible.

I also noticed that my tds from tap went from 260 up to 320 recently

Crazy right?
1vmpTF0.jpg

Neither are crazy. Sediment filters look dirty super fast. That doesn't mean they are full.

Ok. I. Just glad I have a pressure gauge before and after the filters. That should help see when they get clogged.

I sort of wish I had a gauge before filters and then one before the carbon blocks instead of after.

Yes, not abnormal.

It is interesting how clean the 1 micron filter is. Seems that most sediment is fairly large.
I always wondered about that.

Want to see something "fun"
Turn off the house water main, drain the water out of pipes, then turn it back on.
It is amazing how much sediment will come out of your pipes as you turn on sinks and so on.

Back