Cali Kid Corals

DBTC: Sprung's Burning Bush

I made a journal update.

a4064f7bb12dce09578a6511d74a159a

tribbitt said:
it is overflowing

This post was automatically created by BARcode

Just to confiirm I am allowed to sell this outside of the club, right?

Given a bunch of frags back, and will keep some for BAR. BAR members always welcome to a piece especially if they’re active member. I just have a lot and I’m almost out of salt, need to find a way to fund it…

Doesn't touch mine either. Black long spine urchin leaves it alone too.
I’m looking for an urchin, I find them cool and need them to take care of my ulva. Diadema won’t eat this macro? My friend says his tuxedo doesn’t either - do these also eat ulva?

The type I have was a Caribbean hitchhiker: https://www.saltybottomreefcompany.com/Short-Spine-Black-Urchin_p_88.html

Usually I wouldn't recommend shipping from them during the summer (I'll probably organize another shipment in the fall since they're the only place that reliably gets pitho crabs).

Doesn't have the "eyeball" on its back like true long spines but I can't find the species name. Has been a model citizen. Zero algae in my 12g nano, just have to always know where it is when sticking your hand in the tank. Still not as sharp though as a black long spine (I've gotten one of those in my hand before and it was a nightmare).

Eats coralline but that stuff grows faster than I can deal with.

Given a bunch of frags back, and will keep some for BAR. BAR members always welcome to a piece especially if they’re active member. I just have a lot and I’m almost out of salt, need to find a way to fund it…
You're free to do what you wish with it after fulfilling your obligation to the chain, and it looks like you've given it out at least 5 times so you're good. Keep an eye out here though and keep sharing if you can when you can :) Glad it propagates so well in your tank.

You're free to do what you wish with it after fulfilling your obligation to the chain, and it looks like you've given it out at least 5 times so you're good. Keep an eye out here though and keep sharing if you can when you can :) Glad it propagates so well in your tank.
Of course - any bay area reefer who needs it, I’ll give them some. I’m just overflowing and also need to restock reef supplies lol :)

Yes

Interestingly I've seen minimal growth on mine. It's floating in my sump. Purplish spectrum light above, and a full spectrum / white light in the water. Chaeto is growing heavily.

Back