Jestersix

I'm back!

Juveniles from the first clutch of eggs and fresh hatchlings.
20230702_150947.jpg

How's Magnesium holding up?
Oh yeah, and MG. I have had my head buried in coding and it takes all of my concentration to work with. Taking pics of my tank is usually how I spend any time when I'm not working.

I'm dosing around 1L of lime water (brightwell kalk) a day. I mix up a 5 gal jug at a time and dose straight from there. When the pump says it's about to run out, I know if I need to check calibration again by how much liquid is left. my 5 year old jebao dosing head is starting to get squeaky.

I am doing about 30ml of alk (Brs soda ash) a day. I have enough evaporation left over for more kalk instead but I'd rather keep a buffer. Just incase the tank has a low evaporation day for whoever reason, I don't want to be increasing water volume.

I mix BRS mg chloride and mg sulfide and dose about 50 mg a day. I haven't been able to dial this in for a stable test reading for more than a week or two. It fluctuates from 1300 to 1450 but everything looks pretty enough for me to be happy.

Only doing two water changes a month. A handful of power outages where the UPS keeps the return pump running and another one keeps our network running so I get up to 24 hours response time for a major outage but someone is usually there during the day and they just turn on the generator.

Back