High Tide Aquatics

I'm back!

20230601_141624.jpg
20230601_141639.jpg

First time I've struggled with low nutrients.

5 fish in 100g and I feed heavily 4 to 5 days a week. I stopped cleaning the filter socks and dialed the Skimmer back to dry skimming. I would shut it off completely if it wasn't for my chronically low pH.

I'm going to just add some more fish.

I have a cherub angel that's been a good citizen so far in the pond. I'll fish it out this weekend.

I want to add a pair of clowns also.

Though, I am going to try to recalibrate the apex for the probe. It was brand new and I calibrated the brand new new apex when I started using it. I find it hard to believe I'm getting the fastest growth I've ever had with sps with a pH between 7.7 and 7.95.

Could always feed the fish more often per day, or broadcast feed powered/liquid coral foods.
I feel pellets twice a day, two 6"x6" squares of nori a day and a cube of frozen mysis every other day. Reef chili target fed once a week and acro power once a week.

I notice algae growth on the rocks by Friday and the tangs pick it clean by Monday.

This thing is doing so well. I want to get some more acro, especially a couple millies.

I'm dosing 900ml of kalk and 60 ml of soda ash already. A calcium reactor is on my wish list for the next year.

20230606_082836.jpg

Back