High Tide Aquatics

My 170g cube

I do enjoy this feature of the apex. It's nice to know what the tank is consuming.
7248dc76f3bee2fd24cd315bb4f9b0c3.jpg

Reef Geek 3D Printing

That is nice, assuming you have everything plugged into your Apex. I'm curious about your cost though, that's a daily cost? in which case you're paying 18 cents per kWh? Daaaaaaymn what plan do you got for such "low" rates.

I actually pay 15¢ but my water change stuff isn't through the apex so I overestimate.

I get my utilities from the city and it's pretty cheap, especially compared to PG&E. I also don't have to worry about outages to avoid wildfires.

Reef Geek 3D Printing

My hydor ato has been giving me grief lately. False high water alarms several times a day.
Its been running for over 2 years and I figured it was just dying.

My house has been at exactly the same temp as my as my tank for most of the day, several days a week.

Reef Geek 3D Printing

Well. My landlord is installing new windows in my house. Some of those are behind the tank. I have to move the tank.

With my wife's recent health problems and me still only 3d printing for income, funds are tight. Just the glass on my tank is something like 300lbs so moving means complete tear down.

My options are:

1. get some stock tanks to hold livestock during the move. $$$

2. Sell the livestock and start over.

3. Sell everything. If I do this, I won't come back until after my wife is done with her Nurse Practitioner program and we move out of state.

I'm on the hunt for some stock tanks or compatible ibc totes. If I move the tank, I can put it on the wall shared with the garage and keep the stock tank / tote permanently to increase the system water volume (and get some of the equipment out of the living room).

Any tips or advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Reef Geek 3D Printing

What happened to all those clams you bought last year?
Most of those were for locals.

I had a large one already and I kept one of the m for myself.

Foxface decided he liked clams and killed both of them before I figured it out (having a camera on the tank 24/7 really helps figure out "who done it".

He has been nipping at my trachy, montipora and a couple acros before I caught him.

Reef Geek 3D Printing

What kind of camera did you end up installing? I am interested in something like this especially when I am away for a few days.

What kind of camera did you end up installing? I am interested in something like this especially when I am away for a few days.

You can try wyze, it’s cheap ($25) and you can access playback depending on how big of memory card you use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back